Virtua Tennis 4 to be released this spring21 January 2011 15:33:08
Sega has announced that the fourth instalment of its Virtua Tennis series will be released the spring.
The game will be available on the Xbox 360, Wii and PS3.
As Sega has previously announced, the PS3 version of Virtua Tennis 4 will be compatible with both the PS Move motion control device and the PS3's 3D capabilities.
X Box 360 owners will also be able to use the game in conjunction with Microsoft's Kinect system.
Sega says the game will feature the series' strongest line-up of playable tennis stars, including Roger Federer, Andy Murray, Rafael Nadal, Juan Martín Del Potro, Fernando Gonzalez, Caroline Wozniacki and Laura Robson.
"Virtua Tennis 4 is going to be a massive push forward for the series," said Sega's Gary Knight.
"New technology has allowed for the development of innovative styles of gameplay, meaning Virtua Tennis can reach a level of realism not seen before in the tennis genre."
Earlier this week, 2K Sports announced the upcoming release of rival tennis game Top Spin 4, scheduled for this March.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19