Silent Hill: Downpour out this autumn26 January 2011 15:29:23
The first details of Silent Hill: Downpour, which is out this autumn, have been released.
Publisher has announced that the highly anticipated game, which will be released on the Xbox 360 and PS3, will feature a completely new storyline.
This will centre around Murphy Pendleton, a convict who gets stranded lost and alone in the woods on the outskirts of Silent Hill when his prison transport bus crashes.
"What happens after this is up to the player, as Silent Hill: Downpour reveals a new, expansive environment that is similarly claustrophobic and where the player is never truly alone," said Konami.
It has also been revealed that the acclaimed composer Daniel Licht, who is best known for his work on serial killer TV show Dexter, is producing the game's soundtrack.
This will be the eighth game in the critically acclaimed Silent Hill franchise, which originally appeared on the PlayStation back in 1999.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19