Portal 2 content 'identical' on PS3 and Xbox 36031 January 2011 15:28:44
Upcoming first-person action/puzzle video game Portal 2 will have identical content on both the PS3 and Xbox 360.
That is according to Chet Faliszek from the game's developer Valve, who told computerandvideogames.com that no one will be able to tell the difference between the two versions.
"If you bought the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions and put them side by side you can see they're identical games. The actual content is the same too across all platforms," he said.
However, the PS3 version of Portal 2 will come with some additional features not available to Xbox 360 gamers, namely it will function with Valve's Steamworks platform, which will provide more frequent updates, and will allow for cross-platform play with PC users.
"With the PS3 we can update more often, we don't have to have someone else gate that ability. We can play between the PC and PS3 players because we can update more frequently," said Mr Faliszek.
Portal 2 is out in the UK on April 22nd.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19