Platinum Games announces new PS3 and Xbox 360 title28 January 2011 15:21:17
A new title from Platinum Games for the PS3 and Xbox 360 has been announced.
The maker of acclaimed games Bayonetta and Vanquish told Japanese magazine Famitsu that it will release a new game called Max Anarchy this autumn.
Translating comments from the Japanese report, website IGN.com says quotes the producer Atsushi Inaba as saying the game will create a new genre he is calling "massively multiplayer melee fighting action".
The game will feature a large number of people playing online fighting one another all at once.
However, while the multiplayer mode is clearly a large component of the game, Inaba said that the game's story mode will be the base mode of play.
It will also feature several online game modes, including a cooperative option.
Screenshots also reveal that be Jack from MadWorld, Platinum's Wii title, will be a playable character in the game.
As with Bayonetta and Vanquish, Max Anarchy will be published by Sega.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19