PSP as powerful as PS3, says Sony14 January 2011 16:34:50
The next generation PSP (PlayStation Portable) will be just as powerful as the PS3 console currently on the market, its makers have said.
Sony's high claim to mcvuk.com also promised to offer rich games content to go with the console when it is released around October this year.
It says that the PSP will have an HD screen and twin-stick controls in the 'brick' form. What's more, the new device could be unveiled at a Sony event on January 27th.
According to the website, Sony plans to ensure that the new PSP will provide more in-depth content in comparison to Apple and Android devices.
Gamers will also be able to download content, small games and apps via PSN.
It could also have a phone incorporated, adding further competition to other smartphones.
Over on the PS3, the new Need for Speed game Shift 2 Unleashed has been given an UK release date of March 25th.
It will also be available for the Xbox 360 and PC.
- FIFA 12 finishes year in top place - 3 January 2012 16:52:53
- Nintendo announces downloadable titles - 3 January 2012 14:17:24
- Fifa returns to the top - 28 December 2011 13:04:01
- iOS apps now available to SD card users - 23 December 2011 14:39:20
- New Gears of War content announced - 22 December 2011 09:45:02