Nintendo 3DS UK release date announced21 January 2011 15:31:03
A UK release date has been announced for the Nintendo 3DS handheld console.
The innovative device will be released across the UK and Europe on March 25th, Nintendo revealed.
It will be available in "Cosmos Black" or "Aqua Blue", said Nintendo, though no prices have yet been given.
The console, which is an update to the hugely successful Nintendo DS, allows content to be viewed in 3D without the need for wearing special glasses.
However, Laurent Fischer, Nintendo of Europe's managing director of marketing and PR, said that this is not the device's only strength.
"Nintendo 3DS is not just about being able to watch and play in 3D without glasses - it also offers unique social experiences," he said.
"In the way Wii brought families together, Nintendo 3DS will appeal to a broad range of people."
It was recently reported that the DS has now sold over 47 million units in the US since its launch in 2004, making it the best-selling video game system ever to be released in the country.
- 3DS to see 1950s mower action - 7 November 2011 13:37:51
- Jaws to hit Nintendo - 31 October 2011 10:56:29
- Nintendo announces Wii and DS release schedule - 11 February 2011 15:31:04
- New Lego title announced for Nintendo DS - 12 January 2011 17:21:37
- Nintendo DS and Wii break US sales records - 6 January 2011 15:25:38