EA announces new Fight Night game18 January 2011 15:29:12
Electronic Arts (EA) is to release a new title in its long-running boxing series Fight Night.
Called Fight Night Champion, it will be released for the Xbox 369 and PS3 sometime this year.
EA promises the game will deliver a completely new way to experience video game boxing with a new physics-based animation system that incorporates improved locomotion, punching and stamina mechanics.
The last instalment of the game, Fight Night Round 4, was released in June last year with both single-player and multiplayer modes and was well received by critics.
"The EA Sports Fight Night franchise has consistently delivered one of the best sports experiences with each iteration," said Andrew Wilson, senior vice president at EA Sports.
"Fight Night Round 4 was a genre defining game, and led the way as the industry transitioned to physics-based sports games.
"Fight Night Champion will again forge new ground and deliver a sports experience unlike anything seen in the genre to date."
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19