Dead Space 2 out this Friday27 January 2011 15:31:05
The first big blockbuster games release of 2011 will take place this Friday (January 28th) when Dead Space 2 hits the shelves.
Developed by Visceral Games, a studio of Electronic Arts, the horror game sequel is already out in North America ahead of its European release on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Furthermore, it has been announced that a digital download pack for the game will soon be released.
Called Dead Space 2: Severed, it will extend the game's storyline with the addition of two standalone chapters in the single-player game.
"After years of anticipation we're thrilled to unveil the next series of events in the Dead Space universe," said Steve Papoutsis, executive producer at Visceral Games.
"In creating Dead Space 2, we listened very closely to the community’s feedback and created a deeper, more intriguing, more terrifying sequel."
Reviewing the game in the Telegraph this week, critic Nick Cowen commented: "Dead Space 2 manages the impressive feat of being both more terrifying and more fun to play than its predecessors."
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19