50 Cent announces headphone range10 January 2011 15:32:13
Rapper 50 Cent is to bring out his own line of headphones, it has been announced.
The star has teamed up with audio specialist Sleek Audio to release a set of premium wireless headphones called Sleek by 50 Cent.
He unveiled the new headphones last week at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
50 Cent joins a number of rappers to have released their own headphones, with Dr Dre's Beats being a recent example.
"I took the time to make sure I secured myself before releasing the product to the general public that it might be matched up against Beats by Dre," he commented.
"I knew immediately they would make those comparisons, but I made sure I secured myself by having something that wasn't actually in the marketplace."
Headphones giant Sennheiser also revealed a new model at CES this year.
Called the CXC 700, they come with three different pre-programmed noise-cancelling profiles designed to block out noise at different frequency ranges.
- New earphones could be just what mp3 player owners are looking for - 30 December 2011 08:16:07
- Sennheiser to offer at home trial of new headphones - 22 February 2011 15:40:55
- Mad Catz to make official Xbox 360 headphones - 7 February 2011 15:28:54
- Justin Bieber teams up with Dr Dre to release new headphones range - 2 December 2010 14:52:38
- Apple to launch wireless headphone range? - 9 November 2010 15:27:06