PS3 gamers more mature than Xbox 360 users, says MAG designer26 January 2010 15:51:09
Gamers on Xbox Live are more juvenile than those on the PS3's PlayStation Network, it has been claimed.
According to Ben Jones of Zipper Interactive, the PS3 audience was more suited to the company's upcoming multiplayer shooter MAG, which is exclusive to the Sony console.
Speaking to GamerZines.com, he said that the things being said by Xbox 360 users over Xbox Live revealed their immaturity.
"I actually consider Xbox Live the more juvenile of the two. Each service has its own posse. I think the PlayStation audience definitely fits more to our game," he said.
Mr Jones added that when testing MAG they found that users were helping each other to play the game.
"That's the most remarkable thing that I saw in the beta - random people helping other players along to try and familiarise themselves with this really cool experience," he said.
This week, Sony announced that sales of the PS3 in the UK had topped the three million mark.
- FIFA 12 finishes year in top place - 3 January 2012 16:52:53
- Nintendo announces downloadable titles - 3 January 2012 14:17:24
- Fifa returns to the top - 28 December 2011 13:04:01
- iOS apps now available to SD card users - 23 December 2011 14:39:20
- New Gears of War content announced - 22 December 2011 09:45:02