The Darkness II announced 9 February 2011 15:28:54
2K Games has confirmed that a sequel to the 2007 title The Darkness will be released.
The Darkness II, which has been rumoured for some time, will be launched on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC this autumn, said the publisher.
Developed by Digital Extremes and based on a supernatural horror comic book series, it will see gamers take on the role of Jackie Estacado, wielder of The Darkness - an ancient and ruthless force of chaos and destruction.
The first-person shooter uses a gameplay style dubbed 'Quad-Wielding' which will allow players to slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with their Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons.
It also uses a hand-painted graphic noir technique to stay true to its comic book origins.
"The Darkness II is a well of dark and imaginative violence, and it’s a stylized and beautiful nightmare," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K Games.
He added: "The Darkness II continues the 2K Games' tradition of delivering quality, innovative games that are filled to the brim with atmosphere and deep storytelling."
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19