NGP 'won't go off the deep end' in terms of price 2 February 2011 15:31:10
The new handheld console recently announced by Sony, called the NGP, will not "go off the deep end" in terms of price, it has been claimed.
Sony's new console comes with an impressive array of technology, including a five-inch OLED screen, touch sensitivity on both the front and back and wireless and 3G connectivity.
However, this has led to speculation that the NGP, or Next Generation Portable, will come with a high price tag.
But, in an interview with The Daily Telegraph, Sony Computer Entertainment president and chief executive Kazuo Hirai said the company had worked hard to ensure the NGP will not be overpriced.
"That's something we spent a lot of time on with NGP," he said.
"We want to make sure we don’t go off the deep end in terms of pricing, making sure we are in that sweet spot of pricing that gains traction with the consumers from day one."
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19