Mad Catz to make official Xbox 360 headphones 7 February 2011 15:28:54
Gaming accessories maker Mad Catz is to produce a range of official Xbox 360 wireless headphones, it has been announced.
The firm has signed an agreement with Microsoft that will see it get exclusive rights to create and sell wireless headphones for the Xbox 360, the first time this has been done.
Under the agreement, the headphone's will be co-branded with Mad Catz's Tritton brand and that of the Xbox 360.
Mad Catz and Microsoft will work closely together to jointly design the headphones, the companies said.
Darren Richardson, Mad Catz's president and chief executive, said: "The headphone category is the fastest growing category in the video game space - and this agreement assists Mad Catz's Tritton brand in furthering its leadership to provide high-quality, innovative headphones that allow gamers and audio enthusiasts alike to enjoy a superior gaming and listening experience."
Mad Catx already makes a number of Xbox 360 accessories, including controllers and instruments for music games such as Rock Band.
- New earphones could be just what mp3 player owners are looking for - 30 December 2011 08:16:07
- Sennheiser to offer at home trial of new headphones - 22 February 2011 15:40:55
- 50 Cent announces headphone range - 10 January 2011 15:32:13
- Justin Bieber teams up with Dr Dre to release new headphones range - 2 December 2010 14:52:38
- Apple to launch wireless headphone range? - 9 November 2010 15:27:06