Lego Pirates of the Caribbean to be released on 3DS this May16 February 2011 15:33:16
Disney has confirmed that its Lego Pirates of the Caribbean game will get a release on the new Nintendo 3DS.
Announced back in November last year, the game was originally scheduled for a release on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PC, PSP and Nintendo DS.
But Disney has announced that it will also be available on the new Nintendo console, which allows for 3D gaming, when the game comes out this May.
The 3DS version will also feature a unique addition called Pirate Duel mode, which makes use of the 3DS' Street Pass technology which automatically detects other 3DS consoles nearby.
It will see gamers playing against each other over two linked consoles and players battle it out for coins and points to gain experience and reward.
This year will also see another Lego game based on the Star Wars movie franchise released, called Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19