Gears of War 3 release date confirmed24 February 2011 15:28:35
A new release date for the Xbox 360 title Gears of War 3 has been announced.
Microsoft has revealed that the long-awaited game will be made available to buy from September 20th.
The game had originally been scheduled for release in April but was delayed so that the beta version could be fully tested.
This latest title in the hugely successful Gears of War franchise sees human soldier Marcus Fenix battling the Lambent, a mutated version of the reptilian Locust Horde.
"They burst out of the ground in these veiny, treelike stalks that transport them throughout the world," said design director Cliff Bleszinski.
"It's like an embryonic sac. It's nasty stuff. You fight those guys for about a third of the experience, then for the rest of the game you deal with the latest evolution of - or should I say the devolving - Locust."
The game's predecessor Gears of War 2 was one of the most highly acclaimed games of 2008, winning several industry awards.
- Awesomenauts delayed for Xbox 360 and PS3 - 7 November 2011 13:39:35
- Extreme action comes to Kinect and Move - 31 October 2011 11:58:42
- Kinect Sports: Season Two is on sale - 31 October 2011 10:53:26
- Silverlight support coming to the Xbox 360? - 8 April 2011 17:02:51
- Online hits to get full Xbox 360 release - 15 March 2011 15:01:32