Gears of War 3 2011's most anticipated game16 February 2011 15:31:23
Xbox 360 title Gears of War 3 is the most anticipated game of 2011 in the UK, it has been claimed.
Market research firm Ipsos has released the results of its first GamePlan UK report, which lists the games consumers are most looking forward to.
However, while the Xbox 360 title is top of the pile, the report found that Sony's PS3 has the higher number of highly anticipated games.
There are three first-party PS3 games in the top ten and five in the top 25, says Ipsos.
In comparison, only two of the top 25 titles are first-party Xbox 360 titles and only one is a Nintendo Wii release.
Ipsos' director of gaming insights Nick Williams said: "While Kinect has the slight edge over Move in the battle of new motion control peripherals, Sony has orchestrated a diverse 2011 line-up of exclusive software that could see it regain control of the UK console wars."
Gears of War 3 is due to be released this autumn.
- EA hints at Wii 2 development - 17 March 2011 15:35:44
- Pokemon and 3DS responsible for lack of Wii titles, says Nintendo - 9 March 2011 15:28:59
- Next generation Wii to be unveiled at E3? - 8 March 2011 15:20:37
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time coming to 3DS - 4 March 2011 15:32:02
- Nintendo announces two new Wii games - 31 January 2011 15:27:00