European Xbox 360 and PS3 release confirmed game Dark Souls 3 February 2011 15:30:52
A follow up to the PS3 game Demon's Souls has been announced.
Called Dark Souls, it will be released on both the Xbox 360 and PS3 in Europe this year, while Japan will only see a PS3 release.
Dark Souls, a PS3 exclusive, amassed a strong following and is famed for being one of the most difficult games to complete on the console.
However, according to a translation by Andria sang.com of details released in Japanese magazine Famitsu, "the difficulty has been increased greatly over Demon's Souls".
The RPG game is understood not to contain direct links to characters and events in Demon's Souls but to be a "spiritual sequel".
Meanwhile, it has been announced that Sony has sold nearly four million units of its PS3 console in the UK to date, following sales of around one million last year alone.
It also recently unveiled the NGP, a new handheld console which acts as a successor to the PSP.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19