Call of Juarez: The Cartel in development 8 February 2011 15:33:40
Ubisoft has announced that a new Call of Juarez game is currently in development.
Called Call of Juarez: The Cartel, the game will be the third game of the franchise and will be released on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Set in the present day, the first person shooter game aims to bring elements of the Wild West to a modern setting.
Players will embark on a journey that will take them from the heart of modern day Los Angeles, California, to Juarez, Mexico.
"Call of Juarez: The Cartel is an action-packed shooter game with a strong story, interesting characters and a wide variety of gameplay options," said Adam Novickas, director of marketing at Ubisoft.
"The game will bring the best elements of the Wild West into modern times with a very gritty and relevant plot."
It follows the release of Call of Juarez and its prequel Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, both of which were set in the 19th century.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19