Sennheiser best all-rounders says review 9 February 2010 17:26:06
The Times has chosen a set of Sennheiser's HD 555s as the best all-round living-room headphones.
They were given a five-star rating by reviewer David Price, who praised their sound quality, value and general all-round ability.
"If it is clarity you're looking for, this open-backed design...is the best on test. Music sounded bright and wide, and the headphones pulled a lot of detail from the mix without descending into harshness," he said.
He added that the headphones are surprisingly comfortable to wear and immaculately presented.
The newspaper also tested a variety of other headphones to find the best living-room headphones in a variety of categories.
Best for rock music were Sony's MDR-XB700s and best for balance were Audio-Technica ATH-910 Pros, both of which received four-star ratings.
Sennheiser recently announced it was releasing a set of headphones redesigned by Adidas.
The HD 25-1-II premium DJ headphones come with Adidas logo and styling including the brand's iconic 3-Stripes.
- New Sennheiser headphones announced - 7 January 2011 15:30:22
- Sennheiser unveils new Adidas headphones - 3 December 2010 15:28:57
- Sennheiser IE7 headphones 'boast a plush sound' - 29 November 2010 14:26:33
- Sennheiser headphones are best for sport, says review - 23 April 2010 15:53:30
- Wired praises Sennheiser RS 180 headphones - 30 March 2010 15:39:42