World of Tanks receives update16 December 2011 15:35:43
PC gamers may be pleased to hear that a popular online title has received an upgrade.
Wargaming.net has announced that players of its massive multiplayer online game World of Tanks can now download the 7.0 patch and begin playing with the improvements.
This highly-anticipated update gives people the option of waging war across two new maps – Swamp and Fjords – as well as the option of replaying their glorious victories and saving the footage for others to see.
Other changes include the addition of new tank tiers, camouflage and improved graphics.
"We are very excited to introduce the multicluster technology that will ensure server stability, helping our players to enjoy World of Tanks even more," said Victor Kislyi, chief executive of the developer.
Earlier this month, the firm announced that the new boxed version of World of Tanks, which comes with exclusive content, will be available at retailers across Europe.
- FIFA 12 finishes year in top place - 3 January 2012 16:52:53
- Nintendo announces downloadable titles - 3 January 2012 14:17:24
- Fifa returns to the top - 28 December 2011 13:04:01
- iOS apps now available to SD card users - 23 December 2011 14:39:20
- New Gears of War content announced - 22 December 2011 09:45:02