Verbatim releases SD reader21 December 2011 17:05:17
Verbatim has become the latest company to recognise the growing importance of SD cards and portable memory solutions.
The technology manufacturer has released a new card reader, which will work in conjunction with both iOS and Microsoft computers to enable data to be backed up at speeds of 5GB/second, Techradar.com reports.
Most memory card formats such as SD, SDHC, miniSD and micro SD are supported by both the 2.0 and 3.0 USB specification readers, meaning that it could be ideal for those people who have more than one SD card for their various gadgets.
The company has also produced a smaller USB Pocket Card reader, which can support SD, Memory Stick and MMC formats.
As smartphones and tablet devices become more popular, people may want to purchase extra SD cards so they can quickly transfer a whole host of data between gadgets.
A card such as the Kingston 8GB Micro SD (SDHC) Card - Class 4 comes equipped with a handy adapter to allow it to be compatible with more devices.
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43
- Nikon Coolpix S1200pj could be perfect for Christmas - 19 December 2011 14:57:17