Toyota releases mobile app16 December 2011 12:13:42
SD card users can now experience what it is like to take the controls of a forklift truck.
Toyota Material Handling Europe has announced that the Forklift Challenge app is now available to download to an SD card from the Android Market for those with the spare capacity to accommodate it.
According to the group, the title allows people to experience realistic challenges associated with working in the manual handling sector and the app is designed to showcase the capabilities of the Toyota System of Active Stability (SAS).
"Forklift Challenge has been specifically created to illustrate the benefits customers get from Toyota SAS in terms of safety and cost control," said Hugues Van Espen, senior director of marketing, communications and online at the firm.
Toyota's decision to use an app in this way could be seen as recognition of the growing importance of mobile downloads.
To cope with what is sure to be an increased supply in the future, individuals may want to purchase the Kingston 8GB Micro SD (SDHC) Card - Class 4, which will provide enough storage for hundreds of apps.
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- Verbatim releases SD reader - 21 December 2011 17:05:17
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43