Smartphones 'are changing our lives'12 December 2011 08:17:59
The impact that developing technology has had on our lives has been tremendous, including the progression of smartphones.
This is the opinion of Jon Bentley, presenter of The Gadget Show on Channel 5, who described the impact of these changes as "amazing".
He said: "Computers are becoming more hidden into things, like smartphones. What was originally just a phone has now become our own tiny computer that we carry around at all times."
Further improvements such as Near Field Communication, which allows people to pay for items using their phones, will enable users to achieve even more, the presenter added.
The SD Association recently unveiled plans to boost SD card use for phones, which will provide a number of new services, including mobile commerce and boosted security options.
However, Mr Bentley noted that older technology will not disappear altogether, with some individuals still preferring old film cameras, CDs and vinyl records.
- Mobile devices 'may become common in universities' - 4 January 2012 10:07:47
- Gadgets will try to offer a 'perfect user experience' - 4 January 2012 09:23:31
- Samsung announces new phone - 3 January 2012 14:48:26
- Realscorz release hockey app - 30 December 2011 10:40:32
- 3.7m Android phones activated over Christmas - 29 December 2011 11:27:51