Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' 9 December 2011 09:50:12
Raptr has announced which games it deems the most popular of 2011.
The gamer network takes into account the actual amount of gameplay hours each title receives before handing out its awards.
Bethesda Softworks' The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim took the top honour as it was crowned Most Played Game; the title also won the Most Played RPG category, where it accumulated six times as much playing time as its closet competitor Dragon Age 2.
"2011 is turning out to be a boon for gamers, and our awards highlight how gamers are investing the most amount of their precious time playing every day," said the chief executive of Raptr Dennis Fong.
He added he would like to congratulate the developers of all the games which were successful in the categories.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was launched last month and more than 50 per cent of the initial batch of the game was sold in the first 48 hours of release.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19
- Nintendo announces new downloadable material - 30 November 2011 08:30:07