SD files 'can be transferred straight to CD'16 December 2011 10:41:23
SD cards can now be used to back up precious data and important files without a PC.
Plextor has announced that it has developed a new device which will allow people with word files, songs, videos and images to be taken from a CD or DVD and copied to an SD card.
The PlexEasy DVD burner can also be used the other way, allowing files stored on the SD card to be burnt to disc, meaning that people can take pictures on a camera or smartphone and transfer them to CD storage without the need of a computer.
Designers state that the device will also be compatible with USB Flash media and is controlled by easy to use buttons and an informative LCD screen.
This comes after Transcend recently unveiled another product aimed at people who want to back up data. The StoreJet gadget enables wireless storage of files from WiFi-equipped devices.
- Wii Glee songs announced - 17 November 2011 14:30:50
- Game of Thrones announced for early 2012 - 10 November 2011 14:52:27
- PS3 Network 'attacked again' - 14 October 2011 11:25:10
- PS3 will 'support huge resolutions' - 6 October 2011 16:24:55
- Warner reveals Harry Potter Ultimate Edition release schedule - 22 February 2011 15:32:03