SD cards could be perfect for backup purposes 9 December 2011 11:35:57
People and businesses should always ensure they make a copy of their data.
This is the opinion of Claire Galbois-Alcaix from backup company Mozy, who believes that people are reliant on technology now – especially mobile devices.
She explained that all kinds of information, such as photos, songs and contact details that are treasured possessions or important to people's lives, are stored on these devices and if they are lost so is the data.
"People are tending to own a lot more devices than they are used to. People own twice as many computing devices now than they did ten years ago," Ms Galbois-Alcaix added.
An SD card could be particularly effective at storing the files, as not only are they small and easy to use, many are capable of being incorporated by different types of gadgets.
Her comments came after research from Mozy found that 40 per cent of individuals stated they no longer print photographs, while 45 per cent have no need for telephone directories.
- Mobile devices 'may become common in universities' - 4 January 2012 10:07:47
- Gadgets will try to offer a 'perfect user experience' - 4 January 2012 09:23:31
- Samsung announces new phone - 3 January 2012 14:48:26
- Realscorz release hockey app - 30 December 2011 10:40:32
- 3.7m Android phones activated over Christmas - 29 December 2011 11:27:51