Fifa returns to the top28 December 2011 13:04:01
In the penultimate week of the year it was a perennial favourite which returned to the summit of the UK Interactive Entertainment all format charts.
Fifa 12 experienced a sales boost of 34 per cent to ensure that it claimed the number one spot for the first time in ten weeks.
The footballing juggernaut was launched in September when it sold more than 3.2 million units - a record amount for a sports title.
Following Fifa 12 up the list was Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, another game which has enjoyed unprecedented success this year.
A sales increase of 19 per cent was enough to see Activision's shooter overtake Ubisoft's Just Dance, which continues to profit from festive sales and Christmas party-related purchases.
Last week's number one, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim experienced a revenue drop of 42 per cent and as a result fell all the way to eighth position.
- FIFA 12 finishes year in top place - 3 January 2012 16:52:53
- Nintendo announces downloadable titles - 3 January 2012 14:17:24
- iOS apps now available to SD card users - 23 December 2011 14:39:20
- New Gears of War content announced - 22 December 2011 09:45:02
- Sony launches Vita in Japan - 20 December 2011 17:04:53