World of Battleships could tempt gamers16 August 2011 15:34:32
Publisher and developer Wargaming.net has announced that it is set to launch a new instalment in its war trilogy, in news which could be of particular interest to memory cards users.
In a statement issued today (August 16th), the firm confirmed that its free-to-play World of Battleships multiplayer title will provide participants with the opportunity to recreate some of the most famous sea-based skirmishes of the 20th century.
Players will have a wide range of battleships to choose from, each of which will have its own unique capabilities in terms of strength and firepower. Changeable weather conditions and an assortment of naval maps will also be on offer.
"Humans always needed to conquer the elements," said Wargaming.net chief executive Victor Kislyi. "With World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Battleships we will offer players [the chance] to conquer all, simultaneously."
Last week, Codemasters revealed that F1 Online: The Game will hit the world wide web in the first quarter of next year, boasting each of the circuits, teams and drivers from the current Formula One season.
- FIFA 12 finishes year in top place - 3 January 2012 16:52:53
- Nintendo announces downloadable titles - 3 January 2012 14:17:24
- Fifa returns to the top - 28 December 2011 13:04:01
- iOS apps now available to SD card users - 23 December 2011 14:39:20
- New Gears of War content announced - 22 December 2011 09:45:02