Free version of Tetris launched30 August 2011 13:12:17
People with Android handsets may be pleased to hear that a new free version of Tetris has been made available for download.
EA Mobile and Blue Planet Software have launched the title, which consumers could wish to save to their memory cards and try to achieve a high score.
Vice-president of sales and marketing for EA Interactive Bernard Kim stated he hopes the move will allow the game to increase its global fanbase.
"Tetris has a strong legacy in the mobile gaming world and we're excited to bring a free version of Tetris to yet another great platform," he said.
Blue Planet Software chief executive and president Henk Rogers stated the game is "more relevant than ever".
This follows recent comments by ABI Research senior analyst for mobile devices Michael Morgan suggesting that the market share of Android smartphones is set to continue to increase around the world in the near future.
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- Verbatim releases SD reader - 21 December 2011 17:05:17
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43