F1 title may tempt gamers15 August 2011 15:32:38
Codemasters has revealed that an online version of its best-selling F1 series is set to hit the world wide web early next year, offering users of memory cards the opportunity to get behind the wheel entirely free of charge.
In a statement issued late last week, the developer confirmed that its new browser title F1 Online: The Game will be launched in the first quarter of 2012. As well as competing on the race track, gamers will also have the opportunity to oversee team management.
"As the worldwide gaming market evolves, 2012 is the perfect time to extend this series," said Codemasters Online vice-president David Solari. "This is an exciting opportunity to bring our passion for the sport ... to a new audience."
The game is being created in partnership with the FIA and will feature each of the real-life drivers, teams and circuits from the 2011 Formula One season.
Game Insight announced recently that its My Country title is available to download for free for Android users.
- FIFA 12 finishes year in top place - 3 January 2012 16:52:53
- Nintendo announces downloadable titles - 3 January 2012 14:17:24
- Fifa returns to the top - 28 December 2011 13:04:01
- iOS apps now available to SD card users - 23 December 2011 14:39:20
- New Gears of War content announced - 22 December 2011 09:45:02