Apps 'will ensure iPads remain in favour'26 August 2011 15:17:13
Android tablets are unlikely to overtake Apple's iPads in terms of popularity while the latter devices offer consumers a greater number of applications.
That is according to Stuff magazine editor Will Findlater, who suggested that it is the apps on offer to people - including those using memory cards - that are the main attraction, rather than the hardware.
"At the moment the Android app roster specifically for tablets is way behind what the iPad has," he said.
Mr Findlater added the App Store "can do so much more than any Android tablet".
The comments follow recent data from the IHS iSuppli Display Materials & Systems Service, which stated that rather than the 43.7 million tablets originally predicted, 44.2 million iPads are likely to be shipped by Apple this year.
In addition to this, it anticipates that 74 per cent of media tablets shipped this year will be made by Apple.
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- Verbatim releases SD reader - 21 December 2011 17:05:17
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43