Sony unveils new SR memory card15 April 2011 18:12:56
Electronics giant Sony has added to its line of SR memory cards with a new 1TB-capacity model.
According to geeky-gadgets.com, the firm is yet to announce details on worldwide availability and pricing.
However, the memory card is likely to be of interest to those with high capacity storage needs, such as owners of 3D video cameras.
Sony’s SR memory cards are bigger than standard memory cards at around the size of an iPhone.
They are capable of transfer speeds of 5GB/s and are equipped with internal memory controller chips and circuits.
The 1TB SR memory card is capable of recording at 24 fps for 50 minutes of footage in 4K 16 bit RAW format, says the news provider.
SR memory cards are also available in 256GB and 512GB capacities.
Last month JVC unveiled the GS-TD1 - the world's first consumer camcorder to offer full-fledged 3D recording in Full HD.
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- Verbatim releases SD reader - 21 December 2011 17:05:17
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43