Rugby World Cup game coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 5 April 2011 17:28:03
A new game to tie in with this year’s Rugby World Cup is to be released on the PS3 and Xbox 360 this summer, it has been announced.
Rugby World Cup 2011 will be released this August, just ahead of the start of the tournament itself, which gets underway in New Zealand in September, reports mcvuk.com.
The game will be published by 505 after the firm secured global rights to the title this week.
It will be developed by Canada’s HB Studios, the team behind EA’s series of Rugby titles, and is the first official World Cup game to be made since 1995.
505’s managing director Ian Howe commented: “It’s a huge coup for us to be working with HB Studios on this opportunity and we could not be any more excited about this title.
“Rugby World Cup is one of the top sporting events on the planet and HB Studios have proven time and time again that they are experts in developing sports games that deliver on every level.”
Former 505 games include titles in the Bust-a-Move and Armored Core series.
- Virtua Tennis 4 to come with PS3-exclusive content - 1 April 2011 15:58:16
- Resistance 3 to come with 3D and PS Move support - 30 March 2011 15:37:46
- Battlefield 3 to get PS Move support? - 21 March 2011 15:32:22
- Sony announces exciting upgrades to Playstation Home online world - 2 March 2011 15:56:41
- Sony has no plans for PS4 in near future - 17 February 2011 15:34:44