Design concept details innovative new USB memory stick15 April 2011 17:27:05
A concept design for a new USB memory stick that users can attach additional memory cards to has been unveiled.
Called the Collector USB Flash Drive, it is the work of Fang-Chun Tsai, reports yankodesign.com, but has no current plans to go into production.
The memory stick comes with a series of docks to which a combination of memory cards can be inserted.
In this way, users can combine the capacity of up to three MicroSD cards to give themselves more room to store data, while tailoring the overall capacity of the USB stick to their individual needs by using different combinations of cards.
It also means that users can recycle old MicroSD memory cards they may have lying around, such as those from old mobile phones.
Meanwhile, Delkin recently unveiled a new USB 3.0 memory card reader.
The device is compatible with a wide range of memory cards and devices, including CompactFlash cards, SDXC cards and Sony Memory Sticks.
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- Verbatim releases SD reader - 21 December 2011 17:05:17
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43