Asus ships new tablet with SD card reader13 April 2011 15:40:29
A new tablet PC from Asus with a built-in SD card reader has begun shipping.
Called the Eee Pad Transformer, the device offers users both the portability of a tablet computer as well as the flexibility of a notebook PC via a removable keyboard docking station.
It is also the first tablet running Google's Android 3.0 Honeycomb operating system to be made available in the UK.
The device comes with either 16GB or 32GB of internal memory, but this can be extended using the Transformer’s SD card reader or a USB memory stick.
“A touchpad, 3.5mm audio jack, two USB ports as well as a built-in SD Card reader for easy file sharing and storage expandability makes the Transformer a versatile media hub,” claims Asus.
The docking station also extends the Transformer’s 9.5 hours of battery life up to 16 hours.
This week, Asus unveiled the new Automobili Lamborghini VX7, a notebook designed to echo the style of Lamborghini sports cars.
- Boom in games and apps anticipated - 31 October 2011 12:21:25
- JVC ships 3D camcorder with SD card slot - 30 March 2011 15:35:43
- Sony announces new camcorder with SD card compatibility - 30 March 2011 15:33:05
- Canon unveils new camcorders with SDXC card slots - 11 January 2011 15:25:59
- Apple adds SD card slot to MacBook Air - 22 October 2010 15:30:04